|Security For Climate Campaigners|
Using Mobiles Safely|
The Security Handbook 2008 version - practical security advice for campaigns and activists with updated article on mobile phone security.|
Infiltrators, Informers and Grasses 2009 version - how, why and what to do
if your group is targeted|
And a few links to keep you busy:
Resources for Security
- https://help.riseup.net/security - the riseup.net security primer. These pages are not comprehensive, but they are a great place to start when learning about privacy and security online.
- www.activistsecurity.org - security for activist’s site – Still being built, but contains a comprehensive briefing on security issues. Edited handbook coming soon!
- www.mcspotlight.org/case/trial/story.html - Story of the McLibel case, including information about infiltration.
- www.freebeagles.org/articles/mobile_phones.html - Playing safe with mobile phones. Not that unto date but useful background information.
- www.angelfire.com/pe2/peaceproject/activ.html - An article about cov ert activities against activist groups - including lots of useful web links
- to other good articles.
- www.theregister.co.uk/2001/09/06/eu_releases_echelon_spying_report/ - Article on EU report on Echelon (plus link to EU report).
- www.no2id.net/ -Campaign against Identity Cards in the UK.
- http://indymedia.org.uk/en/2004/10/300000.html - - Account of how police intercepted a covert GM action.
- www.eco-action.org/rr/ch13.html - Road Raging section on Campaign Security. Old, but still relevant!
- www.evel.nl/spinwatch/TRFrontpage.htm - Eye opening account of big business infiltrating and incapacitating protest groups
- www.pgpi.org/ - Get PGP for Windows (for Linux, use GPG and look in your
- distribution disks!)
- - How to use PGP for Windows.
- http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/ - Free Anonymous Proxy (anonymous web browsing).
- http://www.theregister.co.uk/security/security_report_windows_vs_linux/ - Report comparing security of Windows and Linux.
- http://news.com.com/2100-1029-6140191.html - full story on bugging switched off phones
- http://www.ft.com/cms/s/4239e29e-02f2-11da-84e5-00000e2511c8,dwp_uuid=4e... - FT article from 2005
- http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/12/02/0415209 - FBI Taps Cell Phone Microphones in Mafia Case On December 2nd, 2006 with 274 comments includes links to the judge's findings
- http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/12/04/0456220 - How To Tell If Your Cell Phone Is Bugged
- http://news.com.com/2100-1029-6140191.html - Full story on bugging switched off phones.
- Battling Big Business - Countering greenwash, infiltration and other forms of corporate bullying, edited by Eveline Lubbers, Green Books, 2002, ISBN 190399814X
- Data gathering:
- http://www.netcu.org.uk/default.jsp NETCU
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_Intelligence_Team FIT